9 steps to full circle.
A friend sent this to me today … I smiled and had to wonder how many times do we do this over and over?
How many civilizations have done it before us and how many will do it after we are gone?
It has caused me to stop and reflect and start a new section to this blog. It will be called “Notes to myself and the world” … things I have been taught through the years (yes I have had the best of teachers and have been a renegade student) … in the end I did hear, apply and finally be.
I don’t think any more is expected of us.
So I gladly pass these bits of wisdom on to you all … do with them what you will.
The note from my friend first:
GREAT NATIONS RISE AND FALL
THE PEOPLE GO FROM BONDAGE TO SPIRITUAL FAITH
FROM SPIRITUAL FAITH TO GREAT COURAGE
FROM COURAGE TO LIBERTY
FROM LIBERTY TO ABUNDANCE
FROM ABUNDANCE TO SELFISHNESS
FROM SELFISHNESS TO COMPLIANCY
FROM COMPLIANCY TO APATHY
FROM APATHY TO DEPENDENCY
FROM DEPENDENCY BACK AGAIN INTO BONDAGE
Notes to myself and the world:
- FREE is worthless unless you are willing to pay for it.
- One can not stand united in the light unless he can first stand alone in the dark.
- Life’s process and out outcome are chiseled in stone. How you deal with it becomes the jewel in your crown.
- I can’t is simply an excuse for mediocrity.
- The difference between I can’t and I choose not is the CHOICE between power and victimhood.
- In a fight the most valuable weapon you possess is your WIT.
- Anger makes you an instant looser.
- In debate when someone calls you a name you beat them.
- When someone calls you a name it only becomes truth if you accept it yourself.