All articles written by ClinicalThinker
Leave it to Canada to reporting the news of the day.
In these times of recession a president who says he understands “the government coffers are tapped” apparently does not think it applies to him or his family.
Wonder if he understands HIGH ON THE HOG?
By the staff of thelastcrusade.org
“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it”
“In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much,” she said. “See, that’s why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, “ Michelle Obama
No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn’t perform any official duties. But this hasn’t deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession. Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary.
How things have changed! If you’re one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michele are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:
1.$172,2000 – Sher, Susan (CHIEF OF STAFF)
2.$140,000 – Frye, Jocelyn C. (DEPUTY ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
3.$113,000 – Rogers, Desiree G. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND WHITE HOUSE SOCIAL SECRETARY)
4.$102,000 – Johnston, Camille Y. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
5.Winter, Melissa E. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
6.$90,000 – Medina, David S. (DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
7.$84,000 – Lelyveld, Catherine M. (DIRECTOR AND PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)
8.$75,000 – Starkey, Frances M. (DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND ADVANCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
9.$70,000 – Sanders, Trooper (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
10.$65,000 – Burnough, Erinn J. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL SECRETARY)
11.Reinstein, Joseph B. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL SECRETARY)
12.$62,000 – Goodman, Jennifer R. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
13.$60,000 – Fitts, Alan O. (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF ADVANCE AND TRIP DIRECTOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
14.Lewis, Dana M. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT AND PERSONAL AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)
15.$52,500 – Mustaphi, Semonti M. (ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)
16.$50,000 – Jarvis, Kristen E. (SPECIAL ASSISTANT FOR SCHEDULING AND TRAVELING AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)
17.$45,000 – Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
18.Tubman, Samantha (DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR,SOCIAL OFFICE)
19.$40,000 – Boswell, Joseph J. (EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
20.$36,000 – Armbruster, Sally M. (STAFF ASSISTANT TO THE SOCIAL SECRETARY)
21.Bookey, Natalie (STAFF ASSISTANT)
22.Jackson, Deilia A. (DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Who is the writer of this article?
Paul L. Williams, Ph.D., is the author of such best-selling books as The Day of Islam, The Al Qaeda Connection, Osama’s Revenge: The Next 9/11, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Crusades and The Vatican Exposed. An award-winning journalist, he is a frequent guest on such national news networks as ABC News, CBS News, Fox News, MSNBC, and NPR. Williams operates from his blog thelastcrusade.org
Who do you trust? Who should “we” trust? Is it smart to trust in the character of our President today?
There is indeed a tangled web that surrounds Barack Obama. It is becoming more and more clear there is more to the story Obama told in his autobiography “Dreams From My Father.” Could this all be simple fabrication with a bit of truth tossed in?
World Net Daily has been relentless with their research of facts. Unlike others who report they back up their comentary with real live documentation from OFFICIAL RECORDS … not documents made up or doctored in PHOTOSHOP. Here is the latest hot off the press.
BORN IN THE USA?
Evidence challenges claim over Obama’s birth address
Father in bachelor pad while mom left islandsPosted: August 09, 2009 7:40 pm Eastern
Documents uncovered by WND strongly suggest Barack Obama Sr. and Stanley Ann Dunham, President Obama’s parents, did not live at 6085 Kalanianaole Highway in Hawaii – even though birth announcements in local newspapers listed that address.
Both newspapers, the Honolulu Advertiser and the Star Bulletin, carried the announcement about the Aug. 4, 1961, birth. Both included the 6085 Kalanianaole Highway address.
But WND has confirmed that the house at that street number was owned and occupied in 1961 by another longtime resident Hawaiian couple. Moreover, throughout the time he was in Hawaii, Barack Obama Sr. maintained his own separate apartment at 625 11th Ave. in Kaimuki, within walking distance of the University of Hawaii at Manoa, where he was enrolled for studies in the fall term 1959.
‘Birth home’ at 6085 Kalanianaole Highway on Oahu
The records from a Honolulu title search, obtained by WND, document 6085 Kalanianaole Highway was purchased in 1958 by Orland Scott Lefforge, a University of Hawaii professor, and his wife/companion Thelma Young, who lived at the property and remained owners into the 1970s.
the rest of the story …
Everyone is discussing the great Health Care Program that the government is trying to ram down the throats of ALL CITIZENS.
What is your best defense?
BEING INFORMED and YOUR VOICE.
Here is the Full PDF of HR3200:
America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009
Vote if you approve or disapprove at OpenCongress
Vote as of today is 13% in favor.
You can also follow a link to your state representatives where you can also voice your choice in the matter
Here is a review of HR3200 … I suggest you read and compare and determine if you come to the same conclusion.
Its all important but the red notes are most disturbing.
The information below is reviewed, revised and adapted on July 29, 2009, by Liberty Counsel from the original authored
by Peter Fleckenstein and posted on FreeRepublic.com and his blog, http://blog.flecksoflife.com.
- Sec. 113, Pg. 21-22 of the Health Care (HC) Bill MANDATES a government audit of the
books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self-insure in order to “ensure that the law does not
provide incentives for small and mid-size employers to self-insure”!
- Sec. 122, Pg. 29, Lines 4-16 – YOUR HEALTH CARE WILL BE RATIONED!
- Sec. 123, Pg. 30 – THERE WILL BE A GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE deciding what
treatments and benefits you get.
- Sec. 142, Pg. 42 – The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your benefits for you.
You have no choice!
- Sec. 152, Pg. 50-51 – HC will be provided to ALL NON-US citizens.
- Sec. 163, Pg. 58-59 beginning at line 5 – Government will have real-time access to
individual’s finances & a National ID health care card will be issued!
- Sec. 163, Pg. 59, Lines 21-24 – Government will have direct access to your bank accounts
for electronic funds transfer.
- Sec. 164, Pg. 65 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in unions &
community organizations (ACORN).
- Sec. 201, Pg. 72, Lines 8-14 – Government is creating an HC Exchange to bring private
plans under government control.
- Sec. 203, Pg. 84 – Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private Health Care
plans in the exchange.
- Sec. 203, Pg. 85, Line 7 – Specifications of benefit levels for plans means that the
government will define your HC plan and has the ability to ration your health care!
- Sec. 205, Pg. 95, Lines 8-18 – The government will use groups (i.e., ACORN &
AmeriCorps) to “inform and educate” (sign up) individuals for government plan.
- Sec. 205, Pg. 102, Lines 12-18 – Medicaid-eligible individuals will be automatically
enrolled in Medicaid. No freedom to choose.
- Sec. 223, Pg. 124, Lines 24-25 – No company can sue the government for price-fixing.
No “administrative of judicial review” against a government monopoly.
- Sec. 225, Pg. 127, Lines 1-16 – Doctors – the government will tell YOU what you can
make. “The Secretary shall provide for the annual participation of physicians under the
public health insurance option, for which payment may be made for services furnished
during the year.”
- Sec. 312, Pg. 145, Lines 15-17 – Employers MUST auto-enroll employees into public
- Sec. 313, Pg. 149, Lines 16-23 – ANY employer with payroll $400,000 and above who
does not provide public option pays 8% tax on all payroll.
- Sec. 313, Pg. 150, Lines 9-13 – Businesses with payroll between $251,000 and $400,000
who do not provide public option pay 2-6% tax on all payroll.
- Sec. 401.59B, Pg. 167, Lines 18-23 – ANY individual who does not have acceptable care,
according to government, will be taxed 2.5% of income.
- Sec. 59B, Pg. 170, Line 1 – Any NONRESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes.
(Americans will pay for their health care.)
- Sec. 431, Pg. 195, Lines 1-3 – Officers and employees of HC Administration
(government) will have access to ALL Americans’ financial and personal records.
- Sec. 441, Pg. 203, Lines 14-15 – “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated
as tax.” (Yes, it says that.)
- Sec. 1121, Pg. 239, Lines 14-24 – The government will limit and reduce physician
services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income and poor are the ones affected.
- Sec. 1121, Pg. 241, Lines 6-8 – Doctors, it does not matter what specialty you have;
you’ll all be paid the same. “Service categories established under this paragraph shall
apply without regard to the specialty of the physician furnishing the service.”
- Sec. 1122, Pg. 253, Lines 10-23 – The government “validates work relative value units”
(sets value of doctor’s time), professional judgment, methods etc. (defining the value of
- Sec. 1131, Pg. 265 – Government mandates and controls productivity for private HC
industries. “Incorporating Productivity Improvements into Market Basket Updates that
Do Not Already Incorporate Such Improvements.”
- Sec. 1141, Pg. 268 – The government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven
- Sec. 1145, Pg. 272 – Treatment of certain cancer hospitals: Cancer patients and their
treatment are open to rationing!
- Sec. 1151, Pg. 280 – The government will penalize hospitals for what government deems
preventable readmissions (incentives for hospital to not treat and release).
- Sec. 1151, Pg. 298, Lines 9-11 – Doctors, treat a patient during initial admission that
results in a readmission and the government will penalize you for that action.
- Sec. 1156, Pg. 317, Lines 13-20 – “PROHIBITION on physician ownership or
Investment.” Government tells doctors what/how much they can own.
- Sec. 1156, Pg. 317-318, Lines 21-25, 1-3 – “PROHIBITION on Expansion of Facility
Capacity.” The government will mandate that hospitals cannot expand (“number of
operating rooms or beds”).
- Sec. 1156, Pg. 321, Lines 2-13 – Hospitals have opportunity to apply for exception BUT
community input required.
- Sec. 1162, Pg. 335-339, Lines 16-25 – The government mandates establishment of
outcome-based measures. Rationing.
- Sec. 1162, Pg. 341, Lines 3-9 – The government has authority to disqualify Medicare
Advantage Plans (Part B), HMOs, etc. This will force people into a government plan.
“The Secretary may determine not to identify a Medicare Advantage plan if the Secretary
has identified deficiencies in the plan’s compliance with rules for such plans under this
- Sec. 1177, Pg. 354 – Government will RESTRICT enrollment of special needs people!
“Extension of Authority of Special Needs Plans to Restrict Enrollment.”
- Sec. 1191, Pg. 379 – Government creates more bureaucracy – “Telehealth Advisory
Committee.” HC by phone or the Internet – dial 1 for your health care advice?
- Sec. 1233, Pg. 425, Lines 4-12 – Government mandates Advance (Death) Care Planning
consultation. Think Senior Citizens and end of life. END-OF-LIFE COUNSELING.
SOME IN THE ADMINISTRATION HAVE ALREADY DISCUSSED RATIONING
HEALTH CARE FOR THE ELDERLY.
- Sec. 1233, Pg. 425, Lines 17-19 – Government WILL instruct and consult regarding
living wills and durable powers of attorney. Mandatory end-of-life planning!
- Sec. 1233, Pg. 425-426, Lines 22-25, 1-3 – Government provides approved list of end-of-
life resources, guiding you in death.
- Sec. 1233, Pg. 427, Lines 15-24 – Government mandates program for orders for life-
sustaining treatment (i.e. end of life). The government has a say in how your life ends.
- Sec. 1233, Pg. 429, Lines 1-9 – An “advanced care planning consult” will be used as
patient’s health deteriorates.
- Sec. 1233, Pg. 429, Lines 10-12 – “Advanced Care Consultation” may include an
ORDER for end-of-life plans – from the government.
- Sec. 1233, Pg. 429, Lines 13-25 – The government will specify which Doctors
(professional authority under state law includes Nurse Practitioners or Physician’s
Assistants) can write an end-of-life order.
- Sec. 1233, Pg. 430, Lines 11-15 – The government will decide what level of treatment
you will have at end of life, according to preset methods (not individually decided).
- Sec. 1302, Pg. 468, Lines 16-21 – “Community-Based Home Medical Services means a
nonprofit community-based or state-based organization.”
- Sec. 1302, Pg. 472, Lines 14-17 – PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED
ORGANIZATION: One monthly payment to a community-based organization. Like
- Sec. 1308, Pg. 489 – The government will cover Marriage and Family therapy. This will
involve government control of your marriage.
- Sec. 1308, Pg. 494-498 – The government will cover Mental Health Services including
defining, creating and rationing those services.
- Sec. 1401, Pg. 502 – Center for Comparative Effectiveness Research Established. Big
Brother is watching how your treatment works.
- Sec. 1401, Pg. 503, Lines 13-19 – The government will build registries and data networks
from YOUR electronic medical records. “The Center may secure directly from any
department or agency of the United States information necessary to enable it to carry out
- Sec. 1401, Pg. 503, Lines 21-25 – The government may secure data directly from any
department or agency of the US, including your data.
- Sec. 1401, Pg. 503, Lines 21-25 – The “Center” will collect data both “published and
unpublished” (that means public & your private information).
- Sec. 1401, Pg. 506, Lines 19-21 – An “Appointed Clinical Perspective Advisory Panel”
will advise The Center and recommend policies that would allow for public access of
- Sec. 1401, Pg. 518, Lines 21-25 – The Commission will have input from HC consumer
- Sec. 1411, Pg. 524, Lines 18-22 – Establishes the “Comparative Effectiveness Research
Trust Fund.” More taxes for ALL.
- Sec. 1441, Pg. 621, Lines 20-25 – The government will define “NEW Quality” measures
in HC. Since when does government know about quality?
- Sec. 1442, Pg. 622, Lines 2-9 – To pay for the Quality Standards, government will
transfer money from “qualified entities” (government Trust Funds) to other government
Trust Funds. More Taxes.
- Sec. 1442, Pg. 624, Lines 19-23 – Qualified Entities: “The Secretary shall ensure that the
entity is a public, nonprofit or academic institution with technical expertise in the area of
health quality measurement.”
- Sec. 1442, Pg. 623, Lines 5-10 – “Quality” measures shall be designed to assess outcomes
and functional status of patients.
- Sec. 1442, Pg. 623, Lines 15-17 – “Quality” measures shall be designed to profile you,
including race, age, gender, place of residence, etc.
- Sec. 1443, Pg. 628 – The government will give “Multi-Stake Holders” pre-rulemaking
input into selection of “quality” measures.
- Sec. 1443, Pg. 630-31, Lines 9-24, 1-9 – Those Multi-Stake Holder groups include unions
and groups like ACORN deciding what constitutes quality.
- Sec. 1444, Pg. 632, Lines 14-25 – The government may implement any “Quality
measure” of HC services that bureaucrats see fit.
- Sec. 1444, Pg. 632-333, Lines 14-25, 1-9 – The Secretary may issue nonendorsed
“Quality Measures” for physician and dialysis services.
- Sec. 1251 (beginning), Pg. 634 to 652 – “Physician Payments Sunshine Provision” –
government wants to shine sunlight on Doctors but not government. “Reports on
financial relationships between manufacturers and distributors . . . and between
physicians and other health care entities.”
- Sec. 1501 (beginning), Pg. 659-670 – Doctors in Residency – government will tell you
where your residency will be, thus where you’ll live.
- Sec. 1503 (beginning), Pg. 675-685 – Government will regulate hospitals in EVERY
aspect of residency programs, including teaching hospitals.
- Sec. 1601 (beginning), Pg. 685-699 – Increased funding to fight waste, fraud, and abuse.
(Like the government with an $18 million website?)
- Sec. 1619, Pg. 700-703 – If your part of HC plan isn’t in the government’s HC Exchange
but you qualify for federal aid, you don’t have to pay.
- Sec. 1128G, Pg. 704-708 – If the Secretary determines there is a “significant risk of
fraudulent activity,” on HC provider or supplier, the government can do a background
- Sec. 1632, Pg. 710, Lines 8-14 – The Secretary has broad powers to deny HC providers
and suppliers admittance into HC Exchange. Your doctor could be thrown out of
- Sec. 1637, Pg. 718-719 – ANY Doctor who orders durable medical equipment or home
medical services is REQUIRED to be enrolled in, or eligible for, Medicare.
- Sec. 1639, Pg. 721 – Government MANDATES that Doctors must have face-to-face with
patient to certify patient for home health services.
- Sec. 1639, Pg. 723-24, Lines 23-25, 1-5 – The same government certifications will apply
to Medicaid and CHIP (Children’s health plan: Your kids).
- Sec. 1640, Pg. 723, Lines 16-22 – The government reserves right to apply face-to-face
certification for patient to ANY other HC service.
- Sec. 1651, Pg. 734, Lines 16-25 – Proposes, for law enforcement sake, that the Secretary
of HHS will give Attorney General access to ALL medical data.
- Sec. 1701 (beginning), Pg. 739-756 – The government sets guidelines for subsidizing the
uninsured (and you have to pay for them).
- Sec. 1704, Pg. 756-761 – The government will shift burden of payments to
Disproportionate Share Hospitals (DSH) to states (your taxes).
- Sec. 1711, Pg. 764 – The government will require preventative services – including
vaccinations (no choice).
- Sec. 1713, Pg. 768 – Government-determined Nurse Home Visitation Services (Hello
- Sec. 1713, Pg. 768, Lines 3-5 – Nurse Home Visit Services – Service #1: “Improving
maternal or child health and pregnancy outcomes or increasing birth intervals between
pregnancies.” Compulsory ABORTIONS?
- Sec. 1713, Pg. 768, Lines 11-14 – Nurse Home Visit Services include determinations of
economic self-sufficiency, employment advancement and school-readiness.
- Sec. 1714, Pg. 769 – Federal government mandates eligibility for State Family Planning
Services. Abortion and government control intertwined.
- Sec. 1733, Pg. 788-798 – Government will set and mandate drug prices, therefore
controlling which drugs are brought to market. (Goodbye innovation and private
- Sec. 1744, Pg. 796-799 – Establishes PAYMENTS for graduate medical education. The
government will now control your doctor’s education.
- Sec.1751, Pg. 800 – The government will decide which Health Care conditions will be
paid. Say “RATION!”
- Sec. 1759, Pg. 809 – Billing Agents, clearinghouses, or other alternate payees are required
to register. The government takes over private payment systems too.
- Sec. 1801, Pg. 819-823 – The Government will identify individuals “likely to be
ineligible” for subsidies. Will access all personal financial information.
- Sec. 1802, Pg. 823-828 – Government sets up Comparative Effectiveness Research Trust
Fund. Another bottomless tax pit.
- Sec. 4375, Pg. 828-832, Lines 12-16 – Government will impose a fee on ALL private
health insurance plans, including self-insured, to pay for Trust Fund!
- Sec. 4377, Pg. 835, Lines 11-13 – Fees imposed by government for Trust Fund shall be
treated as if they were taxes.
- Sec. 440, Pg. 837-839 – The government will design and implement Home Visitation
Program for families with young kids and families that are expecting children.
- Sec. 1904, Pg. 843-844 – This Home Visitation Program includes the government coming
into your house and teaching/telling you how to parent!
- Sec. 2002, Pg. 858 – The government will establish a Public Health Fund at a cost of
$88,800,000,000 (That’s Billions).
- Sec. 2201, Pg. 864 – The government will MANDATE the establishment of a National
Health Service Corps.
- Sec. 2201 – “Fulfillment of Obligated Service Requirement”
- Sec. 2201, Pg. 864-875 – The NHS Corps is a program where Doctors perform
mandatory HC for 2 years for partial loan repayment.
- Sec. 2212, Pg. 875-891 – The government takes over the education of Medical students
and Doctors through education and loans.
- Sec. 340L, Pg. 897 – The government will establish a Public Health Workforce Corps to
ensure an adequate supply of public health professionals.
- Sec. 340L, Pg. 897 – The Public Health Workforce Corps shall consist of civilian
employees of the United States as Secretary deems necessary.
- Sec. 340L, Pg. 897 – The Public Health Workforce Corps shall consist of officers of
Regular and Reserve Corps of Service.
- Sec. 340M, Pg. 899 – The Public Health Workforce Corps includes veterinarians. Will
animals have heath care too?
- Sec. 2233, Pg. 909 – The government will develop, build and run Public Health Training
- Sec. 2241, Pg. 912-913 – Government starts a HC affirmative action program under the
guise of diversity scholarships.
- Sec. 2251, Pg. 915 – Government MANDATES cultural and linguistic competency
training for HC professionals.
- Sec. 3111, Pg. 931 – The government will establish a Preventative and Wellness Trust
fund, with initial cost of $30,800,000,000 (Billions more).
- Sec. 3121, Pg. 934, Lines 21-22 – Government will identify specific goals and objectives
for prevention and wellness activities. More control of your life.
- Sec. 3121, Pg. 935, Lines 1-2 – The government will develop “Healthy People & National
Public Health Performance Standards.” They will tell us what to eat?
- Sec. 3131, Pg. 942, Lines 22-25 – “Task Force on Community Preventive Services.”
More government? Under the Offices of Surgeon General, Public Health Services,
Minority Health and Women’s Health.
- Sec. 3141, Pg. 949-979 – BIG GOVERNMENT core public health infrastructure includes
workforce capacity, lab systems, health information systems, etc.
- Sec. 2511, Pg. 992 – Government will establish school-based “health” clinics. Your
children will be indoctrinated and your grandchildren may be aborted!
- Sec. 399Z-1, Pg. 993 – School-Based Health Clinics will be integrated into the school
environment. More government brainwashing in school.
- Sec. 2521, Pg. 1000 – The government will establish a National Medical Device Registry.
Will you be tracked?
NATURAL-BORN CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES: ELIGIBILITY FOR THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENT
By ALEXANDER PORTER MORSE (ALBANY LAW JOURNAL VOL. 66 (1904-1905)
As a wide-spread interest attaches to the discussion of the meaning and scope of the constitutional provision in respect to eligibility for the office of president of the United States, I submit some views in this relation which may be opportune.
The question is often asked: Are children of citizens of the United States born at sea or in foreign territory, other than the offspring of American ambassadors or ministers plenipotentiary, natural-born citizens of the United States, within the purview of the constitutional provision? After some consideration of the history of the times, of the relation of the provision to the subject-matter and of the acts of congress relating to citizenship, it seems clear to the undersigned that such persons are natural-born, that is, citizens by origin; and that, if otherwise qualified, they are eligible to the office of president. In respect to the citizenship of children of American parentage, wherever born, the principle of ius sanguinis seems to be the American principle; that is to say, the law of hereditary, rather than territorial allegiance, is recognized, which is modern, as distinguished from the ancient, and at one time, common-law principle of jus soli. If the provision was as sometimes inaccurately cited, namely, that the president must be “a native-born citizen,” there might be no question as to its meaning. But the framers generally used precise language; and the etymology actually employed makes the meaning definite. Its correspondent in English law, “natural-born subject,” appears in constitutional history and parliamentary enactments; and there it includes all children born out of the king’s allegiance whose fathers were natural-born subjects; and the children of such children (i. e., children whose grandfathers by the father’s side were natural-born subjects), though their mothers were aliens, are now deemed to be natural-born subjects themselves to all intents and purposes, unless their said ancestors were attainted or banished beyond sea for high treason, or were at the birth of such children in the service of a prince at enmity with Great Britain. At the time of the adoption of the Constitution, immigration was anticipated and provisions for naturalization would immediately follow the establishment of the government. Those resident in the United States at the time the Constitution was adopted were made citizens. Thereafter the president must be taken from the natural-born citizens. If it was intended that anybody who was a citizen by birth should be eligible, it would only have been necessary to say, “no person, except a native-born citizen”; but the framers thought it wise, in view of the probable influx of European immigration, to provide that the president should at least be the child of citizens owing allegiance to the United States at the time of his birth. It may be observed in passing that the current phrase “native-born citizen” is well understood; but it is pleonasm and should be discarded; and the correct designation, “ native citizen” should be substituted in all constitutional and statutory enactments, in judicial decisions and in legal discussions where accuracy and precise language are essential to intelligent discussion.
The earliest act of congress to establish a uniform rule of naturalization (March 26, 1790) contained the following clause: “And the children of citizens of the United States that may be born at sea or out of the United States, shall be considered as natural-born citizens.” The draft of this act has been credited to Mr. Jefferson, although his authorship has been questioned; and his reputed relationship to it may be ascribed to the fact that he was the author of the original naturalization acts in the Constitution of Virginia, and was an ardent supporter of a wise system of naturalization laws before and after he became President. But whoever drew the act followed closely the various parliamentary statutes of Great Britain; and its language in this relation indicates that the first congress entertained and declared the opinion that children of American parentage, wherever born, were within the constitutional designation, “natural-born citizens.” The act is declaratory; but the reason that such children are natural born remains; that is, their American citizenship is natural—the result of parentage—and is not artificial or acquired by compliance with legislative requirements. The second act of naturalization (January 29, 1795), which was reported and probably drawn by Mr. Madison, chairman of a select House committee, enacted “That the children of persons duly naturalized dwelling within the United States, and being under the age of twenty-one years at the time of such naturalization, and the children of citizens of the United States born out of the limits and jurisdiction of the United States shall be considered as citizens of the United States.” As carried forward in the Revised Statutes, the provision reads: “All children heretofore born or hereafter born out of the limits and jurisdiction of the United States, whose fathers were or may be at the time of their birth citizens thereof are declared to be citizens of the United States; but the rights of citizenship shall not descend to children whose fathers never resided in the United States.” This provision, as its terms express, is declaratory; it is not the statute that constitutes children of American parentage citizens; it is the fact of American descent, the jus sanguinis, that makes them citizens at the moment of birth—a fact which, for sufficient and convenient reasons, the legislative power of the State recognizes and announces to the world.
If there was ambiguity, the rights and privileges of children of American parents dependent upon constitutional guarantee would demand recognition; and constitutional guaranties in favor of such persons might not be restricted or denied by congress.
To return to the constitutional requirement in respect to eligibility for the office of president, let us inquire what was the obvious purpose and intent of the limitation? Plainly, it was inserted in order to exclude “aliens” by birth and blood from that high office, upon considerations which naturally had much weight at the time of the adoption of the Constitution. It was scarcely intended to bar the children of American parentage, whether born at sea or in foreign territory. Where it was said in the old books that an alien is one born out of the king’s or State’s dominions or allegiance, this must be of the limits understood with some restrictions. A forced or restricted construction of the constitutional phrase under consideration would be out of harmony with ‘modern conceptions of political status, and might produce startling results. It remains to be decided whether a child of domiciled Chinese parents, born in the United States, is eligible, if otherwise qualified, to the office of president and to all the privileges of the Constitution. And it would be a strange conclusion, in another aspect, if the child of American parents, born in China, should be denied correspondent rights and privileges in the United States.
A natural-born citizen has been defined as one whose citizenship is established by the jurisdiction which the United States already has over the parents of the child, not what is thereafter acquired by choice of residence in this country.
Our conclusion is that the child of citizens of the United States, wherever born, is “a natural-born citizen of the United States,” within the constitutional requirement; and, as such, if possessed of the other qualifications, would be eligible for the office of president of the United States.
WASHINGTON, D.C., March, 19o4
It seems that both sides of the political isle SAY they support the constitution. Apparently that support follows AS LONG as the Constitution goes along with either parties whim.
Either we follow the constitution or we don’t. I don’t think the framers felt we could cherry pick what we liked and ignore what we didn’t.
So why the cherry picking of today?
EVERY CITIZEN needs to be deciding DO YOU WANT THE CONSTITUTION … or should it be scrapped totally?
Unfortunately most of the public is not familiar with the writings of old therefore are ignorant of exactly what rights it provides.
Of late there is a skirmish over the legitimate birth certificate of Barack Obama.
Why I am not sure because from my perspective those looking for a legitimate birth certificate in Hawaii is a total waste of time.
Apparently enough people to distract the effort from a bigger issue.
How does the 14th amendment define “natural born citizen”.
In order to address this we need to know a little about the 14th amendment, why it was written and who wrote it.
So lets start there.
Who writes an amendment to the Constitution?
According to Article V … amendments are passed by both the Senate and the House. State conventions can be used, but so far have not been. A senator or representative or a committee thereof can write the amendment. The amendment can then be debated until final wording is acceptable.
John Armor Bingham (January 21, 1815 – March 19, 1900) was a Republican congressman from Ohio, America, judge advocate in the trial of the Abraham Lincoln assassination and a prosecutor in the impeachment trials of Andrew Johnson. He is also the principal framer of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
Section 1 of the 14th Amendment states:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Most of the 14th amendment weathered debate without much change. Not so for the 1st sentence which defined citizenship.
However John Bingham confirms that understanding and the construction the framers used in regards to birthright and jurisdiction while speaking on civil rights of citizens in the House on March 9, 1866:”  
“[I] find no fault with the introductory clause [S 61 Bill], which is simply declaratory of what is written in the Constitution, that every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen…. . . ”
Archive image of that document HERE.
– John Bingham in the United States House on March 9, 1866 (Cong. Globe, 39th, 1st Sess., 1291 (1866))
The 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868.
I suppose we can all argue until the cows come home that somehow THE FRAMERS made a mistake when they defined PARENTS (PLURAL) instad of “A PARENT” as a necessary requirement to being a “NATURAL BORN CITIZEN”.
There is little or NO ARGUMENT that a Citizen of the USA can be a Senator or Congress Person … but to be President one MUST BE A” NATURAL BORN CITIZEN”. In order to be “natural born” PARENTS must be BORN OR NATURALIZED citizens of the USA.
I don’t know it seems pretty straight forward to me but then I expect people to say/print what they mean and mean what they say … but them I am a “common sense” type of person aren’t you?
Until the Supreme Court decides to redefine this original statement right out of the “archives of old” as far as I can see (unless I have somehow missed something in my search of these documents) Barack Obama can not qualify as President no matter how you slice it.
So why the skirmish over a birth certificate?
Why is Obama refusing to allow his Hawaiian Birth Certificate to be seen?
Perhaps because while everyone is focused on the … is there or is there not … a birth certificate in Hawaii they fail to realize the true tool to sink his ship is the real cannon ball THE CONSTITUTION provides to do exactly that.
You know the same good ole Constitution that Obama claims to be expert on?
My question is simple … WHY IS ALL MEDIA ignoring this very simple FACT? Where is Bill OReilly who claims he has CHECKED out the Birth certificate issue? Where is Glenn Beck who apparently pours over the constitution? Where is Anne Coulter who is suppose to be versed on Constitutional Law? Where is Sean Hannity who screams about every tiny issue except this one?
I expect the main stream media to ignore this issue. I do not expect it to be ignored by the only side that is SUPPOSE TO BE ADVOCATING FOR WE THE PEOPLE!
Wake up guys there is an issue here and you are all losing credibility by ignoring it.
It does not take rocket scinece to realize sooner or later this has to be addressed … WHY NOT NOW?